Thursday, January 22, 2009

Moses Lake

So, I am now a Moses Laker! The move went pretty good. Januari was able to help me. In fact she actually did most of my kitchen packing...well actually all of it. I had a much easier time cleaning. The packing was causing too much stress for me. So, having her help out was really a blessing. I probably would have had a breakdown without her. I've noticed since I've been pregnant I have a much harder time paying attention to things...and my attention span is about 90 seconds...or less. She kept sending me back to the same project because I would wander and find something else I'd rather do. Our bed is still in the van outside because we didn't get home until about 11 on Sunday night and when Kenny gets home from work it's already dark. So, hopefully this weekend he will bring it in because I am getting tired of sleeping in a smaller bed.
My cat turned into Devil 1000 on Monday. He started "spraying" in my parents house. Well, actually originally on Kenny's leg and then all over the place. So, Tuesday morning I called the Vet and asked when I could get in to get his goods chopped. They said the soonest was Wednesday morning. So, as of yesterday morning Willy is a little less man. He already seems calmer. I haven't caught him doing anything naughty yet. They said there's a really good chance he is cured of the spraying problem but if he's not there is "kitty prozac". So, that's good to know. But, so far so good. We'll see. I love my kitty!!!
Monday morning I went in to Dairy Queen and talked to the owner, Tom and asked him if they could use me for like 15 or 20 hours a week. He didn't know for sure but said probably they could use me. So, Monday evening his wife called me and said heck yah we'll take you. So, I started yesterday back in kitchen. I worked at DQ all through high school up until I moved to Marysville in '04. So, I caught back on pretty quick. A lot of the menu has changed and that will take me a while to learn but for the most part it all came back to me. So, I am excited to be able to get out of the house for a while. I was afraid I was going to go crazy not working. But, this job is so easy and stress free and a little of extra money is always nice.
I am a heifer...and that is why I haven't posted a new pic. I will sometime in the next few days.

3 comments:

mptanner said...

Yay, I am so glad you are back with your family!!

The Graham Family! said...

1, you are not a heifer or however that's spelled. 2, I'm honestly jealous you're back at dairy queen! I hope you have fun.. even tho it's different people.. and you don't get to work with siggy!! hahaha. I can honestly say that was the funnest job I've ever worked.. but that's probably cuz you and I goofed off and had way too much fun!! Glad to hear the move went good and you're happy!! yay! Take care!

Andrea said...

I am glad that your sister Januari was able to help you with unpacking.

I cannot wait to attend your baby shower! My sister Julie got a lot of things for your baby girl! She showed it to me. Your lucky! ;)

Have you decide on your girl's name yet?

Hope all is well! Love you!

<3,
Andrea