Monday, May 11, 2009

She's here! She's finally here!



Aubrey Jane Durbin arrived at 4:03 p.m. on Friday May 8th. She weighed 8 lbs, 4 oz and is 20.5 inches long and pretty much perfect! I went in to be induced on Thursday afternoon around 12:30. It is all just such a blur now. Labor is good times! :) I felt my first contraction at 7:53 but they didn't really start where I could consistently feel them until a little after midnight Friday morning. My water broke at 9:42 and pretty much like I said it is all a blur after that. My Mom and sister were taking notes almost the whole time with a notebook so I have that and it helps me remember a lot of what happened. It's amazing how much I don't remember until I read it where they wrote and I'm like oh yah that happened. Here are some pictures that we took at the hospital. I am so in love!!!


Aubrey right after she's born and they are getting her vitals. This picture was taken 17 minutes after birth. She just looks so happy and alert. I love the little tongue hanging out.


Isn't she amazing!


Aubrey Jane


Her profile shot


The BRAND NEW Durbin family!


She has a pretty good head of hair, especially in the back. Of course the picture doesn't do her justice but you get the idea.


Daddy Kenny holding his new little girl




Uncle Zach! Seriously funny story...while he was sitting there holding Aubrey the nurse came in to get vitals on her and she took a look at Zach and a look at me and said okay wait a minute, how did she get dark hair? You both have blonde hair. I was like yah...that's my brother! :) I didn't add that he is only 14...she probably just figured since he was so good with her that he was baby's daddy. He loves babies!


My niece, Juliane and Aubrey


My sister Januari and her son Jay holding baby Aubrey! Aren't they cute!!


This is Kenny seriously conked out in the hospital bed while we were waiting to be released from the hospital...I guess he thought he was tired. :)


Just before leaving to go home from the hospital. All buckled in!


Just got home for the first time!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Yay a blog! I'm so glad she's here and everything went okay. She's beautiful! Love on her for me!! Love you too!

Andrea said...

Yay I am so happy that Aubrey is healthy and beautiful. :) Congratulations!
Leaving you and Aubrey a lot of love from me. :)

The Graham Family! said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Glad everything went so well! I can't wait to meet her and hold her. How fun that we both have baby girls so close together!! I love your car seat too.. I saw that at toys r us here and i was in love with it! Good Job and congrats! Oh.. and when you think to yourself that she's so cute... she really is.. you are not just biased!!

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

Right on you posted! Now I can post my pictures on my blog. Those pictures are all so adorable. I love it! She is so beautiful. I want to hold her all the time!

mptanner said...

Oh I love the pictures! She is so!!! very cute! I love all the beautiful hair! She is perfect, congratulations!!

Tay said...

40 weeks. Wow. The kid sure knows how to take her time. :) Congratulations.

Tay

Mindy said...

She is pretty much perfect. I'm so glad that I got to be a part of it, so thank you for that.
The second part of your baby shower gift is on its way! Can't wait to see you and baby Aubrey again.

BTW the pictures of Kenny holding her brought tears to my eyes. So precious!
I love you.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

She is absolutely beautiful!

Congratulations Allison. Congratulations!


The picture of Kenny in the bed made me laugh...that checking out is hard work.