Friday, July 3, 2009

School

Well, I went and took the placement tests at Big Bend Community College last Friday so I am one step closer to being a college student. I don't think I've blogged about this yet because I am afraid that it might fall through. I've considered college a couple times before and I tell everyone about it and then I feel like an idiot when I don't follow through. Well, this time I think it's going to happen. I have the support of my family and my husband and it's something I really need and want to do. I am super excited! I have been wanting to be a nurse for about a year now. That's the longest I've ever been decided on one career so that is an accomplishment in itself. Big Bend has a great nursing program. I have a lot of prerequisites to take first so it is going to be a long road but I am still young and I know I can do it! So, everyone give me a round of applause for making the decision six years after graduating! It bums me out to think if I had gone right after HS I would be done already...but...then I might not have Aubrey and that wouldn't be right!
Speaking of Aubrey, here are so awesome pictures of her this last week:

5 comments:

Julie said...

Yay Allison!! I think that's super awesome you've made a decision and are starting the process! BTW Aubrey is most beautiful!

mptanner said...

Aubrey is gorgeous!! And good for you making college happen!

Ashley said...

Congrats on the big decision...going to school with kids is tough but you are strong so I know you can do it!! Oh and I wanted to come see your little girl the other night, but mine were so cranky I just wanted to get home and get them in bed before anyone saw them have a complete meltdown...they aren't getting enough sleep lately...I think it's the whole being at Nana's house thing..LOL...she is adorable btw

The Graham Family! said...

aww I love her! I love the flower! :-p Good for you on deciding to go back to school. I wish that was an option for me right now.. but I think I'm going to have to wait till Ryan is done to even think about finishing! fun times

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

Good luck! It's an awesome decision to go to school no matter what age or how long you've waited. Aubrey is so adorable!